Here’s an interesting article from o3pros.com (follow the link to the original article) – another great was ozone can be used.

_________________________________

Facts About Toxic mold and mold contamination

Mold spores are the leading cause of “Sick Home/Building Syndrome”. They contain dangerous pathogens that are entering your body through several different methods. You are consuming them with every breath of air, bite of food, blink of eyes, and with any contact to your skin.

Stachybotrys is highly toxic and produces mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites produced by some species of mold (myco means fungal) that are capable of causing disease and death in humans and other animals. Mycotoxins have been implicated as chemical warfare agents and are some of the most toxic substances in existence. It takes fire at 900 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes to destroy some mycotoxins.

If you smell mold or “mildew” there’s probably mold in your house or building. Most people correctly identify moldy or musty smells as “mold”. Some folks call these odors “mildew-odors” but since mildew grows only on living plants, it’s more accurate to call these indoor odors and growths “mold” and not “mildew”. Not all mold makes moldy smells. So problem mold may be present and odorless. Don’t rely on odors alone to decide whether or not there is a mold problem in a home or building.

Mold smells are not necessarily dangerous but they do indicate a potential problem. Mold odors guarantee there will be one or more mold colonies in a home or building, so we don’t know if medical or other occupant complaints are really due to the odor or due to exposure to mold spores, allergens, toxins or synthetic material chemicals (paint, plastics, carpet, furniture, etc).

Mold should not be permitted to grow indoors. Problems associated with mold have been around since recorded history. Solving mold issues still requires fixing the source of moisture causing the mold growth. This is the most important step in mold remediation

There are many types of toxic mold, the most commonly referred to is Stachybotrys Chartarum. It is the most infamous mold types that is extremely hazardous to your health. It is called toxic mold because if produces toxins known as mycotoxins.

Mycotoxins from black mold can cause many health symptoms that can include:

Respiratory problems
Mental impairment
Skin rashes
Tiredness
Irritation of mucous membranes
Nausea
Immune system suppression
Hemorrhage
Damage to organs

In the most extreme cases, black mold can cause death. So, because of its serious health effects, you should have mold testing right away. If it is found, you should have it remediated quickly by a professional remediation company.”

____________________________

Contact Wassertec for information on how ozone can help elminate mold in your home.